Privacy & Cookies policy
Information We CollectWe may collect the following types of information when you use our Services:
- Personal Information: We may collect personal information, such as your name, email address, baby's date of birth and contact information when you create an account.
- Health Information: We may collect health information such as your demographics and aspects of your medical history to provide you with personalised health recommendations and to help you track your progress
- Device Information: We may collect information about the device you use to access the App, including the type of device, its operating system, and other technical information.
- Usage Information: We may collect information about how you use the App, including your interactions with forms, features and content available through the App.
How We Use Your InformationWe may use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To Provide Services: We use the information to provide you with the services offered by the App, including personalised health recommendations, and to improve the quality of those services.
- To Communicate: We may use your contact information to communicate with you about our Services, including updates, promotions, and other news.
- To Improve the App: We use the information to understand how users interact with the App and to improve its design, content and functionality.
- To Comply with Legal Obligations: We may use your information to comply with legal obligations, such as responding to court orders or complying with applicable laws.
- The consent you provide to us at the point of collection of your personal information, including explicit consent for processing special personal data to include health data
- The performance of the contract we have with you
- The compliance of a legal obligation to which we are subject
- The performance of scientific research, preparation of statistics or public health activities
- The legitimate interests of Mumie, you or a third party, where not overridden by your interests, fundamental rights or freedoms
How We Share Your InformationWe may share your information with the following types of entities:
- Service Providers: We may share your information with service providers that help us operate the App or provide the services offered through the App.
- Business Partners: We may share your information with business partners, such as insurers or healthcare providers, to provide you with more personalised health recommendations.
- Legal Authorities: We may share your information with legal authorities, such as law enforcement agencies or courts, to comply with legal obligations or in response to a legal request.
MarketingWe may use your contact details to provide you with information about our work, events, services and/or activities which we consider may be of interest to you. Where we do this via email, SMS, or telephone, we will not do so without your prior consent. You are free to opt out from receiving marketing communications by following the "unsubscribe" link in our email, or by contacting us directly. We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
Security of Your InformationWe have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered, or disclosed. Your data will be stored on a secure web server, with the app hosted on a trusted host provider with regular security update enhancements. Your personal data can only be accessed by those within Mumie who have a genuine need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instruction, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so. While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason, we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred via the internet. We can not be held responsible for unauthorised access or use of your information that is beyond our control.
Data retentionWe will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you. Typically, we will not keep your personal data for longer than 5 years after you have closed your account on our App or stopped using it, after which point personal data will be destroyed. We may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your RightsYou have the right to access and control your personal information, including the right to be informed about what data we hold, the right to access this data, the right to rectify inaccurate data, the right to erase your data, the right to restrict or object to your information being used, and the right to move your data to another business. If you have any questions about your rights or would like to exercise your rights, please contact us using the information provided at the end of this policy. When signing up to our app you will be asked to provide your consent to share your information. You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time and may do so by contacting us. You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (ico.org.uk) We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.